Illinois Women’s Institute for Leadership (IWIL) Training Academy Seeking Program Director
Democratic political consulting firm seeks outstanding candidate for the position of IWIL Training Academy Program Director. The Program Director will work with Co-Executive Directors to manage all programmatic and administrative needs of the organization.
Illinois Women’s Institute for Leadership (IWIL) Training Academy prepares and trains Democratic, pro-choice women to run for elected office, seek public appointments, and govern effectively at all levels in Illinois. Each year, the organization accepts a diverse class of twelve women from around the state into their intensive training program. IWIL Training Academy provides participants with the expertise and support needed to put together successful campaigns and lead in their communities. New Chicago Consulting has provided IWIL Training Academy’s staffing services since 2016.
- Work directly with Co-Executive Directors and organization leadership to facilitate programming, board development and fundraising efforts
- Lead administrative responsibilities including regular communications to board, class members, alumnae, and donors
- Engage with presenters, class members, alumnae and donors to foster the growth of IWILTA, including planning events outside of class programming
- Lead agenda development for Board, Executive Committee, and other committee meetings; manage committee’s goals and projects
- Promote IWIL Training Academy through a strategic communications plan including quarterly newsletter, regular social media content, email blasts, and website updates
- Maintain databases with current and accurate information
- Work with third-party vendors on record and bookkeeping
- Act as point of contact for all organization events
- 1-3 years of professional experience in a related role preferred
- Passion for advancing women in public service
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sophisticated understanding of organization needs
- Temperament to engage and communicate with high-profile political leaders in a tactful, pleasant, and professional manner
- Desire to take initiative and problem solve
- Ability to work well with others and independently
- Delegate responsibilities to interns and volunteers as needed
This is a hybrid position in River North in Chicago. This position requires travel several times a year and the ability to attend events outside traditional business hours.
Salary is commensurate upon experience, beginning at $3,500/month.
Interested candidates should send a resume and a cover letter to [email protected]. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
New Chicago Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to create a diverse and representative workplace for all people. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.